Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a more cohesive Assist experience in Teams

Hi everyone,

As we approach Halp’s end of life on June 4, 2024, we’re making a few more experience changes to Jira Service Management chat for Microsoft Teams. These updates allow us to more closely align the chat experience with Jira Service Management and create a more cohesive experience for chat customers.

How to use this blog

Each change has its own section detailing who’s affected, what’s changing, and tips on how to prepare. This post only details Teams changes — if you use Assist with Slack, read more about your changes here.

We plan roll out these changes on February 29, 2024.

Updates to how request types function

Who does this affect?

All projects using hidden request types, and any new service projects you connect to Teams.

What’s changing?

To simplify our settings, we’re removing the ability to hide request types in Teams. By default, any hidden request types will be set to visible with this change. Disconnecting a request type from chat is the only way to hide it from Teams.

What should I do to prepare?

Review your request channels and make sure that you have the appropriate request types connected. If you use hidden request types, disconnect them if you don’t want them to appear as options for help seekers in Teams.

Two-way issue creation – migrated Halp customers

Who does this affect?

Migrated former Halp customers who have one-way ticket creation enabled.

What’s changing?

For Halp queues connected to Jira Service Management, there’s a setting called one-way ticket creation. For migrated customers who still have this setting enabled, we’re updating all request types to two-way ticket creation.

What should I do to prepare?

This may mean more issues start appearing in your agent channels. If you don’t want certain issues to appear in your agent channels, you can disconnect the request type before February 29, 2024.

Let us know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear — this is a lot of change, and we value your feedback and are here to chat.

2 comments

Matt Lane February 13, 2024

Hi @Marie Casabonne and team,

Currently we have a very large number of forms in our IT Service Desk's JSM portal. We use Atlassian Assist in a very measured manner to ensure a better user experience when raising a ticket from Assist in MS Teams, rather than presenting a dropdown with ALL request types selectable. Hence the majority of our request types are currently Hidden in Assist during issue creation in Chat, aside from a few select General Incident and General Enquiry request types.

Essentially so that those other request types raised in our Portal, still appear in the Assist chat window in Teams.

So my question now is ... if we go and disconnect these Hidden request types in our 'Chat' configuration within our service project... will they still appear as issue cards in the Assist chat window when I raise these other (disconnected) request types from our JSM portal? (or when I have Approvals I need to make on these disconnected request types)

Appreciate any information on this. And happy to discuss our current use case further if you wish to reach out.

Kind regards,
Matt

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2024

Hi @Matt Lane - thanks for sharing the details of your team's workflow. That is correct - if you are to disconnect the request types from Chat, they will no longer appear in the Tickets tab in Teams (for agents or requesters), or in your agent channel. Approvals will also no longer be sent via Teams for any disconnected request types. 

When the change takes effect, if you are to keep all request types connected, they will all be visible to your help seekers when they raise requests from the Assist bot in Teams. If you are to disconnect them, they will not be available to help seekers or agents in Teams, and approvals will not be sent via Teams. 

I'll send you an email to discuss your use case and the impacts of this change in more detail.

Thanks!
Marie

Like Matt Lane likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events