Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Import of Request Types

When running a CSV import for Service Projects, it’s not possible to import the request type field with its current names, like “Get IT Help“ or “Onboard new employees“.

It’s necessary to use the request type keys, and to get that information, the users need to reach out to Atlassian Support. But there’s a way to retrieve this information using an API endpoint.

Instructions

1. Pick one ticket on your cloud site from the Issue Type that contains the Request Type you need to run the import
    image.png

2. Export this ticket to XML (“…“ > Export XML) to get its ID
    image.png

image.png

3. Now that you have the ID, access the following endpoint on your web browser (change the {your-instance} and {ticket-ID}):
    https://{your-instance}.atlassian.net/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/request/{ticket-ID}/request-types

4. And you’ll see a page like below, related to the Request type “Investigate a problem“ and also all other Request Types related to the ticket’s Issue Type:
    image.png
  5. The information on the key field can also have a different format, like on the image below, and you can use it the same way:
    image.png
    For these cases, you need to check the relevant Request Type basing on the field “name“.
  6. And the information you need is: portalKey and key. The format needed for the CSV import is:
    portalkey/key => tf/investigateproblem
                              => bug/f8f3cdb9-8e4d-479c-941b-6976ac7d6da9

7. And you need to use this value on the request type field when running the CSV import. Remember to also map the Issue Type field to have a correct import
    image.png

3 comments

H Crain May 10, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to run CSV import to create issues for "Jira Service Management - Cloud". I was able to get the Request Type Keys per the instructions above. However, when mapping fields in the CSV import wizard, there is no "Request Type" field to map to.  When I use JQL, Request Type shows up as a custom field but it does not show up in the list of custom or Jira fields to map to.

Like # people like this
Lydia Marasa-Scafidi September 13, 2022

@H Crain Hi - you need to map the field to screens before it will show up there. Find the field in your Custom Fields list in Project settings and associate it to the appropriate screen(s) used for the rest of your project. 

masayoshi adachi December 6, 2022

@H Crain I've done imports with "External system import" from the menu below. Please try this.

Administration > System > Import & export > External system import

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events