Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broad spectrum Data Residency in Jira Service Management

It is my pleasure to announce that we are officially broadening the scope of Data Residency in Jira Service Management. Our teams have been working hard to close gaps and limitations associated with various features and aspects of Jira Service Management, most notably those powered by Opsgenie.

Jira Service Management is now able to extend Data Residency to all components included out of the box, including Opsgenie.

The final leg

The only remaining component of Jira Service Management that cannot be pinned to a region is our recently launched Chat (formerly known as Halp) and Virtual Agent solution. Work is underway to extend our Data Residency support to include Chat and Virtual Agent in the near future.

How it works

Locations can be changed via Security > Data residency section in Atlassian Administration for your Site/Organisation (Organisation Administrator required).

For each product you may initiate a move and prescribe a location for which its data will be pinned going forward.

For the time being, Opsgenie data residency needs to be moved independently of Jira Service Management, and can be initiated via Opsgenie Administration. You can learn more about this process here: Opsgenie data residency | Opsgenie | Atlassian Support.

All the realms and more

The above changes make all currently supported realms available for Jira Service Management. That includes USA, Europe, Australia, and Germany. It will also include Singapore, which is coming later this year, and Japan, Canada, and the United Kingdom, which are coming early next year.

To learn more about Data Residency in Jira Service Management, be sure to check out Understand data residency | Atlassian Support; and if you have any specific questions or feedback, please leave me a comment below.

4 comments

Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

Great!. Thanks @Benjamin Paton for sharing.

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2023

Any idea when India will get their data residency? As they have strict data protection laws, it is quite important for them?

Fiducius April 7, 2023

Does this include out of scope items such as Data in Transit and User & Customer account information in the cloud version in the USA realm?

Like Stephan Hannach likes this
Paul Bestic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

@Benjamin Paton I would also like to understand if User and Customer Account information in the Cloud can be pinned? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events