Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets for Jira Service Management Cloud is getting bigger, faster, better - join the EAP!

Hello Atlassian Community,

Jira Service Management is becoming a more robust and mature IT and Enterprise Service Management solution for Enterprises. Since the acquisition and integration of Mindville, we have been working hard to deeply integrate Assets into the Atlassian ecosystem with initiatives such as:

• A completely overhauled user experience.

• Integration of our API’s with Forge and Connect.

• Integration with Atlassian Analytics.

• Embedding Assets directly into Confluence pages via our new Assets table.

During this time we have also made major performance improvements to Assets Query Language (AQL) and Assets experiences in general. As a result of this we will be raising the limit on the number of Assets objects from 1 million to 3 million in the near future. Despite all this, the engine under the hood of Assets has remained fundamentally the same during this time. That is about to change!

A massive investment has been underway to re-architect Assets in Jira Service Management (Cloud) behind the scenes in order to make sure it can scale faster and more effectively with our largest Enterprise customers. We’ve set ourselves some ambitious goals which will bring big improvements for all of our customers across multiple dimensions.

Scale

While we are excited to bring you support for 3 million objects, we aim to allow much greater scale:

• Support for many more millions of objects.

• Substantially larger imports.

• Bulk actions over greater numbers of objects.

Reliability

Increased reliability of Assets to align with the Atlassian cloud uptime SLA.

Performance

Significant performance improvements across the board including:

• Assets Query Language (AQL).

• Imports

• API rate limits

Get involved!

The EAP will be starting soon and we are accepting signups for the waitlist here. We are looking for customers who are interested in trialing the new technology we have developed to power Assets and are willing to provide us feedback. You may be a good fit if:

• You actively use Assets (including on a sandbox site).

• You have performance, reliability or scalability needs that exceed what Assets is currently providing and want to provide input as we make improvements in this areas.

• Are open to being involved in Beta/EAP programs and providing feedback.

Initially our EAP may not support every single feature of Assets. Due to this we’ll be selecting customers who are users of the subset of features that will be initially available and including more customers as these features are added. The signup form has more information.

We can’t wait to start the journey of getting this into your hands!

Regards,

Justin King
Senior Product Manager, Jira Service Management

3 comments

Ashok Shembde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2024

Thank you for the update, @Justin King

It’s exciting to hear about the major improvements coming to Jira Service Management Assets, particularly the increased scale and performance. Looking forward to seeing how the re-architecture enhances reliability and usability for enterprises.

I'll keep an eye on the EAP and would love to contribute feedback when possible.

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2024

Finally, some good news for Assets.

I just wished that this had come out BEFORE the announcement of the price changes, which I think killed Assets: https://jimiwikman.se/blogs/entry/11-did-atlassian-just-kill-assets/

For someone that have worked with PIM systems for E-commerce sites, I am still puzzled as to why there even is a limit to begin with. A modern platform should have no problem scaling near infinitely, and I don't know what could limit this for assets, to be honest.

Negativity aside, I am very glad that Assets are getting some love finally because I absolutely love Assets and I use it every day. There are many, many things that can be done to make Assets a must-have product and I hope that the refactoring is the cause for all the reduction of functionality and once the new architecture is in place we will see those limitations go away again.

I just hope it is not too late because most customers, me including, are looking for other solutions due to the degradation of service and the insane new payment model.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2024

Don't forget to mention the flip side of the coin: Consumption-Based Pricing for Assets

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events