Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎉 Announcing request type restrictions in Jira Service Management

35 comments

Rus Yates-Aylott July 12, 2024

Extremely keen to learn when Portal Groups or Request types might be able to be restricted at the Organization level.

Like • # people like this
Sam Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2024

Hey all - great to see the excitement for this! 

To answer your questions:

• When will this be available for me? For customers on release track, this feature will not be available until the next scheduled release. If you would like to be excluded specifically for this feature please email me and we will enable it for you now.
  • Restricting issue types. We have no current plans to extend this to restricting creation of issue types, but we have passed this on to the appropriate team in Jira.
  • Restrict by Teams and Project Roles. This is something we're looking into supporting, thank you for raising this, I'll keep this thread posted with any updates.
  • Excluding. Thank you for this suggestion! We have added this to our list of future enhancements for consideration.
Like • # people like this
Michiel Schuijer July 18, 2024

While this feature is commendable, it seems half-baked to me.

For years this has been requested, even way longer in JSW for the issue type-level, and that still hasn't been provided. No company I worked for wants to pay (continuously) for app to provide such simple functionality.

But, the real problem is with "users and groups" only as the exception. Groups are not easy to maintain in Jira and Confluence (Atlassian Admin) and often still a very manual task to create and update, which means the contents of them are often stale. 

Providing the option to use roles and the new Atlassian Teams seems like a first step in this and expanding Atlassian Teams to be allowed to use in Jira "People" (roles) and Confluence space permissions would be a natural next step to allow more granular access settings at the level of project/space administrator, taking some work out of the hands of the sys admin and power into the hands of the persons responsible for the content in the projects/spaces.

My two cents on this.

Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2024

I'm loving this feature -- using it for a Tasks request type for agents and they love it, too! Thank you for implementing this.

Alexis Parra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2024

Hi There,

this is a great feature!

But this seems to affect visibility of the restricted request types for the Agents in our customized Queues:  As soon as I give a specific agent access to the request type, the issues for this request type are visible again in the Queues.

Any suggestions?

Like • Susan Waldrip likes this
Andrea Hakim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2024

Can you please explain this statement:

Restricted request types can be raised in all channels except email, chat, widget, and the virtual agent. Any request types being used by these channels will no longer appear to anyone regardless of access if restricted. This is so anonymous users can still send requests via these channels.

The second and third sentence seems to contractdict itself:  If request type is restricted it will no longer appear; however it is still available to anonymous users. 

My requirement is to force users to login to the portal (so restrict request types), but still have it OPEN so anyone can email to create an issue.

Shane Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2024

Is there an update to restrict based on Orgs? 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4486 

Shane Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2024

@Andrea Hakim - You wouldn't be able to restrict an "Email" Request Type. That type should be hidden from your Portal anyway so anybody should still be able to email in to create a ticket. 

Christopher Skoropada _Appsvio_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2024

Do you plan to make the REST API public for this? We'd like to control this permissions by the app. 

Masayuki Abe September 20, 2024

@Sam Knight 

Hi,

Looks like it has been released for team-managed service projects as well.
If you have any related news, could you please let us know?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events