service desk notification mails have different status and mail content saying "Your request status changed to" when we transition tickets continuously from one state to other state

gangadhar mamillapalli May 20, 2015

Hi ., 

we have states like On the Deck ==> IN DEV ==> IN UAT ==> RELEASE.,  when transition tickets immediately from one state to other., mail content looks in consistent. here is how it looks.

on changing to ==> On the Deck, i got the following mail , which is correct.mail1.png

After above state, I immediately changed statuses from on the deck ==> In Dev ==> In UAT ==> Release.

Here is how I get mails. Which are inconsistent.

image2015-5-21 0:21:5.png

is am missing anything here ? 

-thanks 

2 answers

0 votes
gangadhar mamillapalli May 27, 2015

HI Jean,

No, if i give some time in between for changing status, mails are coming good.

Yes.,  mail is retrieving current status.

But in all the cases mail message needs be consistent right ?

Or is it a correct behaviour ?

thanks 

0 votes
Andy J.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2015

Hi Gangadhar,

Is this still the case when you wait for the previous email to get to you or does it happen consistently, even when the emails are spaced out? I believe the issue is that the email is retrieving the 'current' status right before sending the email. Since the email is not fired immediately (has to get triggered), if you immediately change the status 3 times then the email will retrieve the 'current' status as those get changed immediately.

Please advise.

Andy Jean | Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events