Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk configuration

Kurt Callebaut April 17, 2019

Hi, i installed service desk to check if it is of any use for our company. But when i login to jira, i can't find any link to service desk application.  (only in the billing part. :) ) it isnt even added to the menu ?

I deleted the original created project because i wanted to start a new service desk project.

When i try to create a new project i only see "classic" and "next gen", but no projects for service desk.

Where can i find a link to service desk starting from jira ?

thank you,

Kurt

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kurt Callebaut April 17, 2019

Thank you Cody for the quick response.

so i can conclude service desk is not an application but a project template for admins?

greetz,

Kurt

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

Hey @Kurt Callebaut 

Of course, glad I can help! JSD is definitely a separate application with new and different functions than other Jira Software/Core templates. For this application and ease of use, they have them as templates like other projects. Without installing JSD you wouldnt see those templates. 

They also have a Next Gen version but it is in beta right now. You can sign up for that in this link! Since you are new to JSD, definitely make projects in both, classic and Next Gen. Next Gen doesn't have all the features of classic yet so there is some give and take. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

Hey @Kurt Callebaut 

If Jira Service Desk is installed follow the below instructions for creating a JSD project.

1. Navigate to your project list
  2. In the top right select Create Project
  3. Select Classic Project
  4. Under the name of the template that is selected, select Change Template
  5. Here you can filter at the top for the type of templates to show but for JSD they have the below templates
  6. Select one of the templates, name and create the project

JSD Templates

• IT Service Desk
  • Internal Service Desk
  • External Service Desk

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 8.07.23 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events