I haven't paid attention to the "Request Type" in the view screen for some time and I ran across the following situation today and am a bit perplexed. To the best of my knowledge "Customer Request Type" and "Request Type" are the same field and yet the view screen would seem to refute my understanding.
It is also perplexing that the "Request Type" is "no match" given the issue came thru the portal. I suspect this has something to do w/ the issue type being changed after the fact (IT Help --> Bug) and am investigating that now. In the meantime, I'm hoping someone can help clear the fog for me.
@Steven_Behnke, thanks for responding. I considered the possibility of two fields but that isn't the case and the only one is the one that comes with. I researched this last week and was quite perplexed and ultimately threw in the towel in favor of the weekend. I plan to dig into it further when I have time but as it isn't 'breaking anything' it isn't on my priority list. In my experience there has always been some 'escapes' around the behavior of the "Request type" field and I need to plug those holes, e.g. setting it thru automation for channel types of Jira and email.
Steven, so I spent some more time filtering thru the history and i'm hot on the trail but not fully understanding just yet. Plan to look at it more tonight possibly.
I get the "no match" result as that is known behavior but i'm perplexed on the origin and logic surrounding Customer Request Type.
Ah, I believe that was an intentional change -- The request maintains the existing Request Type so that it's still visible in the portal, even if the state of the issue is no longer a valid request type.
So it appears that the View Renderer of the Custom Field pulls the old data, and the side-Panel pulls the live, current data.
Edit Though that doesn't really explain the mismatch, just the inconsistent 'No Match'.
you are likely right on the change in behavior and I was contemplating that very possibility. At least, I would like that to be the answer. I know when I first set up my JSD instance "Customer Request Type" didn't exist AFAIR only Request Type. One of the challenges of Cloud is trying to keep current w/ changes. I'm not going to worry too much about root-causing this but do plan to clean up my projects and leverage automation to try to keep the Request Types relevant.
Meet the new and improved IT service management template for Jira Service Desk! Here are a few of the powerful features ready and waiting for you: Better focus on ITSM - clear ticket categories...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events