Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster.properties location

keith gray September 17, 2018

Hey guys, took over backend admin tasks for our Jira Service desk and we upgraded to datacenter addition. I am setting up ha/failover and just needed to verify where I am placing the cluster.properties file. Is it simply in the root of the installation directory or the conf folder? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2018

Hi Keith,

As per Configure your existing Jira instance to work in a cluster, the 'cluster.properties' file has to be created in the Jira local home directory, and as per Jira home directory, the default location of the Jira home directory is:

• C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA (on Windows) or
  • /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA (on Linux)
keith gray September 17, 2018

Wow, thanks for the prompt response. I am a linux admin and the /opt filesystem was utilized instead of /var by the previous person who installed the application. Is the home dir the same as the CATALINA_HOME variable entry? If not whats the best way to verify the home directory location?

Like Andrei Oudovikine likes this
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2018

I think /opt/atlassian/jira/ is the default installation directory on Linux, whereas /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA is the default Jira Server configuration directory on Linux, aka Jira home. You can search for the folders listed in the preceding section Set up the shared directory or the files listed in Important files to identify your current Jira home.

keith gray September 19, 2018

Thanks for your help, I understand what I need to do now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events