Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where change/set Default Assignee - JIRA Service Desk Edited

The only answer to this is from a year ago and the instructions are no longer valid.  Where in JIRA Service Desk do I set the 'Default Assignee' in my project?  I can see it in the Service Desk Project settings --> Summary page under 'Roles', but here seems to be no where in the project settings or Site Administration to change it from 'Unassigned'.  Using Atlassian Cloud.

2018-11-16 3-42-42 PM.png

3 answers

Okay found it under Details.  Only two choices are Project Lead (me) and Unassigned.  Is it not possible to change it to someone other than the Project Lead?

Thank you for this post. It took me forever to figure it out on my own and even google searches didn't help much. Thank you!!!

0 votes

Hello,

You could add the following post functions to the workflows of the issue types defined for your project:

- Assign to Current User

- Assign to Lead Developer

- Assign to Reporter

- Update Issue Field

An answer for 2019:

Trying to find this was like finding Waldo in the 16th Chapel.

Go to your Service Desk Project Settings, under Request Types, under each request type you'll see the Edit Fields option, click on that > click on the Request Form tab option. The Assignee is a hidden field at the bottom.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

157 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you