Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where change/set Default Assignee - JIRA Service Desk

James Simmons November 16, 2018

The only answer to this is from a year ago and the instructions are no longer valid.  Where in JIRA Service Desk do I set the 'Default Assignee' in my project?  I can see it in the Service Desk Project settings --> Summary page under 'Roles', but here seems to be no where in the project settings or Site Administration to change it from 'Unassigned'.  Using Atlassian Cloud.

2018-11-16 3-42-42 PM.png

4 answers

4 votes
Jolmes Pastora November 5, 2019

An answer for 2019:

Trying to find this was like finding Waldo in the 16th Chapel.

Go to your Service Desk Project Settings, under Request Types, under each request type you'll see the Edit Fields option, click on that > click on the Request Form tab option. The Assignee is a hidden field at the bottom.

Capture.PNG

3 votes
James Simmons November 16, 2018

Okay found it under Details.  Only two choices are Project Lead (me) and Unassigned.  Is it not possible to change it to someone other than the Project Lead?

Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2020

Thank you for this post. It took me forever to figure it out on my own and even google searches didn't help much. Thank you!!!

1 vote
John Penczar May 23, 2022

WorkFlow.JPG

While viewing the workflow for the Request Type in question, 

Click on the Rule lightning bolt.

Select Assign a request to someone from the list

Select the transition when the assignment should be made

And select the agent the request should be assigned to.

Click Update workflow.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

Hello,

You could add the following post functions to the workflows of the issue types defined for your project:

- Assign to Current User

- Assign to Lead Developer

- Assign to Reporter

- Update Issue Field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events