Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User migration unavailable

Gleb Kartashov October 25, 2019

I saw this ticket and this article explaining how to migrate users between different user dirs in Jira and for some reason I don't have the Migrate users from one directory to another. option there.image.png

Not migrating is not an option and LDAP server is unaccesible for me right now. What do I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2019

Hi Gleb and Welcome,

Regarding the 'Migrate users from one directory to another' option, documentation says:

This option will not appear if there are no valid directories to migrate from/to.

When this cannot be used?

However, it cannot be used for any of the following scenarios:

1.- Migrating a specific set of users or one single user from one directory to another

2.- Connector user directories — these can be easily identified, as they have a Synchronize option

3.- Migrating groups only

4.- Migrating users without their groups

Since the second user directory is a connector user directory you cannot migrate users from/to this kind of directory from/to the Jira internal directory

Regards

Gleb Kartashov October 28, 2019

Hi Jack!

Thanks for reaching out. I see why this kind of mirgation is not possible, though can I trick Jira by updating directory type directly from database? Is there any chance this method will work for me?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events