Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send emails when we comments in the ticket- in share with Customer TAB

ODED Transformational Technologies January 29, 2018

Dear Team,

Previously, When we comment in the share with Customer Tab, there used to be an email which used to get triggered to the Customer, but now all the settings seem to be same, Customers are not getting Email Notification.

Please advise.

Many Thanks

IT-Admin

4 answers

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi Shirish;

please also check below links  

troubleshooting link 

User not receiving email notifications

Br;

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi  Shirish;

in addition, you could add your personel email adress as customer to your project. 

then add comment to get notification mail. You can track notification mail with your IT team. (from your jira notification mail to your personel mail adress)

ODED Transformational Technologies January 30, 2018

Dear @volkan ciftci,

I did try it. Sadly I'm not getting any notification email.

I tried to send a test email to see if the Outgoing email is working or not, surprisingly I am getting the test emails.

Many Thanks,

Jira6.JPG

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2018

Hi Shirish;

i guess,"Public comment" status is enable and "Issue Commented" status is same as "Issue closed"

Btw; using server or cloud ?

if server;Could you please check 

1-Administration-->Mail queue - Error Queue , 

2- (Home_directory)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log - check atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log  and other logs (you can enable Administration-->logging and porfiling-->mail) , meybe you should check mail server , also check mail account password is expired or not 

Br,

Dear @volkan ciftci

We are using the self-hosted server.

1. There are no emails in Error Queue.

2. I need to check the log file

Just to keep you posted that, earlier email notification was working. We haven't changed any settings.

Many Thanks 

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2018

H, Shirish;

please check;

1-Project setting-->Customer notifications-->Public comment added

2-Project settings-->Notifications-->Issue Commented

Br,

ODED Transformational Technologies January 29, 2018

Dear @volkan ciftci

Please find the attached screenshots for the same

Jira4.JPGJira5.JPG

Do I need to change anything else?

Many Thanks