Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The search scope of the multi user picker field when added to the JSD customer portal is limited to only those users with access to the Service Desk

Eban Tomlinson July 16, 2015

So, I'm trying to create a form for 'Internal Requests' for our implementation folks. They have a need to be able to enter requests for our customers (ie: setup this environment, etc), but I don't want those same customers to have access to the Service Desk.

I had hoped I could get away with using a 'multi-user picker' custom field, so I added that to the project and 'lo, no users were found. 

I then enabled the 'Customers can search for other customers when adding participants' setting, which then let me search for users who were customers/collaborators/agents of that service desk.

So the question is: 

Is there a way to expand the search scope of a multi-user picker field to users not included in the service desk, while still preventing those same users from accessing the service desk?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2015

Hi @Eban Tomlinson

Currently this is not possible. From the customer portal a user picker will only show customers of that service desk.

It is however possible to add any user from the JIRA view.

In regards to making it possible to configure the customer portal to show all users in user pickers, please have a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2037 and add any additional information as to your particular use case. I would also encourage you to vote and watch that issue for any updates.

Regads

Matt

JIRA Service Desk developer

Eban Tomlinson July 27, 2015

Thanks for this Matt. I appreciate the definitive answer!

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Even though this is old, Matt's answer "From the customer portal a user picker will only show customers of that service desk." gave me the clue I needed for my scenario:

1) We want internal customers to submit a request for production access.

2) They have to select an approver from a custom user picker filtered to a group called "Prod Access Approvers".

3) It wasn't working in the portal but did work in the Create Issue screen.

4) Based on Matt's comment I added "Prod Access Approvers" to the Service Desk Customers role for the project.

5) Boom! Works perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events