The search scope of the multi user picker field when added to the JSD customer portal is limited to only those users with access to the Service Desk

So, I'm trying to create a form for 'Internal Requests' for our implementation folks. They have a need to be able to enter requests for our customers (ie: setup this environment, etc), but I don't want those same customers to have access to the Service Desk.

I had hoped I could get away with using a 'multi-user picker' custom field, so I added that to the project and 'lo, no users were found. 

I then enabled the 'Customers can search for other customers when adding participants' setting, which then let me search for users who were customers/collaborators/agents of that service desk.

So the question is: 

Is there a way to expand the search scope of a multi-user picker field to users not included in the service desk, while still preventing those same users from accessing the service desk?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Eban Tomlinson

Currently this is not possible. From the customer portal a user picker will only show customers of that service desk.

It is however possible to add any user from the JIRA view.

In regards to making it possible to configure the customer portal to show all users in user pickers, please have a look at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-2037 and add any additional information as to your particular use case. I would also encourage you to vote and watch that issue for any updates.

Regads

Matt

JIRA Service Desk developer

Thanks for this Matt. I appreciate the definitive answer!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

971 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you