Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync customer´s user with G-Suite -Jira service desk

David San José June 13, 2019

Hi,

We need to sync customers ´s user with G-Suite. I can see the option to integrate G Suite with admin and team accounts, but it is not possible whith the customers ones.

Could you tell me if  there any way to make this possible?

Thank you very much.

2 answers

0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 3, 2020

It's been some time since @David San José's question was posted, but I think a distinction has to be made that can be useful to other people searching for this problem.

Basically, @Angélica Luz's workaround seems to be the only option when it comes to the cloud deployment of Jira Service Desk. For customers on Server/Data Center licenses, there are alternatives in the SSO apps that can be found in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Take for example resolution's SAML SSO for Jira, and that problem will be fixed, as GSuite is a common Identity Provider that can be configured to all effects. Here's the configuration guide with all the details.

For full disclosure, note that Resolution is my current employer and there are other products that may provide a similar solution.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Hello David,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, it's not possible to integrate the customer portal with Google or any other SSO. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-630
Please, click on vote and watch in order to hear about updates on the development cycle.

For now, if you want your customers to login with Google, you will have to migrate them to
Atlassian account and remove their application access for them to do not count as licensed users. So they can log in through xxxxxxx.atlassian.net and they will be redirected to the customer portal.

For that, you must go to Administration > Jira Service Desk and on each customer click on ... > Migrate to Atlassian account. Just make sure that before doing that, all the Product access are disabled, so they won't receive any default group.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events