Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict User Picker to Project

lececere June 30, 2018

Hello,

We are using the user picker type for a custom field. That custom field is used on a particular issue type screen and that issue type and screen are used across multiple projects.

I'd like to restrict the people who show up in the user picker to be only those people on the particular project the issue is a part of. Since the issue type is used across multiple projects, I don't think I can set the user picker filter to one group - it needs to be dynamic to only pull up people in that particular project - no matter which project that issue is a part of. 

Similar to assignee, which only allows me to pick people that are part of the security group associated with that project, I need the user picker to be restricted by project. Our security groups are set up by project.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2018

Hi Laurie,

You can do this on the custom field --> configure page, and select project roles for the users that should be shown in a field. Hopefully you're already using project roles to control permissions, so you could use Users or Developers for example.

-Josh

lececere July 5, 2018

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your help. We currently aren't using roles. It looks like you are suggesting that there is a role called "User" that would only allow people on that project to show up?

I'll try that in DEV and see what I get.

Thanks!
Laurie

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2018

Hey Laurie,

Just wondering - for each project, how are you defining the set of users who should be showing up? 

CCM

lececere July 5, 2018

Hi Craig,

For each project, we have a security group with all project members in it. We are not currently using project roles. We don't currently have different levels of security within each project. Essentially, each person is either part of the project or not.

So when I go to the user picker, any of the people who are in the security group associated with the project should show up and all others, associated with other projects, should not show up.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help!

Laurie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events