Request Types - Edit Field Error

Daniel Wilkin May 29, 2018

Hi, 

Currently receiving this error "Cannot delete a field that is required by Jira or Jira Service Desk", when selecting edit fields within Requests types.

Currently using the default request type such as Get IT Help.

Not sure if this is linked in either way, but I also changed the Pending Request field to be set as required within the Issues fields, but reset it back to optional. Could be coincidence but the email requests are no longer being created within our queue, and as it seems the pending request field is still holding the setting as required.

Jira Service Desk is hosted in premise, with confluence linked.

Thanks 

Regards

Daniel Wilkin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Wilkin May 29, 2018

Hi Yogesh,

I found the problem. The screens page for the request types was somehow not ticked. Re-enabling these screens, then allowed me to see the fields associated with the request type, and the required Pending field was set to yes. Changing this to No, selecting update, then allowed me to remove the field.

I'm now able to have emails sent to the service desk. 

Thanks for your support though, I knew it was associated with the pending field being required, but not show how the screen sections for the request types was disabled.

Kind Regards

Daniel

Mitchell Ekins August 26, 2018

Hi @Daniel Wilkin,

I am running into a similar issue myself, could you please clarify what you did to resolve your issue?

Specifically "The screens page for the request types was somehow not ticked", I haven't come across a page like that? (Not that I know of anyway).

Thanks for your help,

Mitch.

Mitchell Ekins August 26, 2018

Hi @Daniel Wilkin,

Please don't worry about my question, I have finally figured out where you were going with it.

I somehow kept missing the 'Screens' option in the 'Field Configurations' Section.

For anyone else's reference, please check as Daniel has described above, the section that he is talking about is located at:

JIRA Administration Cog --> Issues --> Field Configurations --> <<Select the Field Configuration of your choice>> --> Check each field via the 'Screens' action on the right hand side.

1-FieldConfigurationScreen.png2-AssociateScreens.png

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

Hi @Daniel Wilkin

I think that field is required hence it is given the error, see if you can hide that field with setting up the default value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events