Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Issue Type

Michelle Greenfield September 16, 2019

I have renamed an issue type but it is not updating in the issue type scheme. What do I need to do to update it correctly?

5 answers

3 votes
Rakesh Kumar September 17, 2019

Hi Michelle,

This is a bug in jira and reported by several users. I myself faced this issue sometimes ago in jira service desk. Below is a workaround to resolve this which i found in some discussion earlier.

Go to Jira settings > Issues > Issue Type schemes > Edit the desired scheme > drag and drop affected Issue type somewhere up or down on the list and then save the configuration. The Issue type can now be moved to the original position if required.

Regards,

Rakesh

Paul Wright March 3, 2020

Brilliant workaround.  Thank you

Like Joshua Jacka-Easter likes this
Kendall Alton September 23, 2022

I'm posting a question on this thread, but understand if its too old to get a response.  Using our test environment, I followed instructions to rename "epic" to "feature".  worked as expected.  We changed it back to "epic" and ran into an issue with the "epic name" not showing in the epic link field of a child story.   This only occurs on epics and stories that are created post the rename.   The view and edit schemes of the epic no longer include the "epic name" field, so followed the dialog to the "configure Custom Field: Epic Name".   The intent is to associate with the epic issuetype, however it is locked.   Has anyone run into this scenario?

Kuherrn Nagayaindran March 6, 2023

Hi @Kendall Alton 

Are you on Server or Cloud? If the former, can you try and run a full foreground index by going to Settings > System > Indexing > Full re-index > Re-index

Re,

Kuherrn

1 vote
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

Hi, folks. Here's the link to the bug that was created regarding this:
After an issue type is renamed, the new name does not display for edit, create, or edit issue type in the View Issue screen 

Take the time click "This affects my team" if that's the case!

Cheers,
Filipi Lima

0 votes
Hitesh Siroya August 17, 2020

0 votes
Paul Wright March 3, 2020

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

@Michelle Greenfield since you posted in the Jira Service Desk forum I need to ask if you've updated the request type or issue type.

If you are aware of the difference between the 2 then I'd ask to check issue - issue type scheme association .

If you've done all of that but still have no success could you post a few screenshots ( anonymised of course) so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Radu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events