Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Renaming Issue Type

I have renamed an issue type but it is not updating in the issue type scheme. What do I need to do to update it correctly?

4 answers

0 votes
Radu Atlassian Team Sep 17, 2019

@Michelle Greenfield since you posted in the Jira Service Desk forum I need to ask if you've updated the request type or issue type.

If you are aware of the difference between the 2 then I'd ask to check issue - issue type scheme association .

If you've done all of that but still have no success could you post a few screenshots ( anonymised of course) so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Radu

Hi Michelle,

This is a bug in jira and reported by several users. I myself faced this issue sometimes ago in jira service desk. Below is a workaround to resolve this which i found in some discussion earlier.

Go to Jira settings > Issues > Issue Type schemes > Edit the desired scheme > drag and drop affected Issue type somewhere up or down on the list and then save the configuration. The Issue type can now be moved to the original position if required.

Regards,

Rakesh

Brilliant workaround.  Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

52 views 0 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you