Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recording and Monitoring User Activity

Hello. I am an IT novice. But have a question about recording and monitoring user activity on a Trello Board. 

I use Trello as an educational e-platform and want to monitor and record invited users on my board to determine how much time they spend on it and what do they click on. This is so that I can determine their educational involvement. 

Apology if this is a silly question. 

Best regards, 

Justine

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 23, 2019

Ah this is an interesting use case - I'm not sure of anything that exists at the moment to help with that. 

I know power-ups like Time in List will let you see how long a specific card has sat in a list and moved around, but I don't believe it tracks anything with user time logged in or spent on the board. 

You can also see a board's activity on the side - just click "Show menu" and underneath the settings and options, it will show a log of all the activity on the board by all users when they take an action. Again, not going to show you amount of time spent in the board, but will show you what users are doing on the board. 

image.png

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 30, 2019

@justine loh if you found this answer helpful, can you click the "accept answer" on this? This helps other community members know it's been addressed, and is also good feedback for me on if I was able to answer your question.

Like justine loh likes this

Hi Brittany. Don’t think the answer is what I was looking for but you have been incredibly helpful in responding. 

Brittany Joiner Community Leader Sep 30, 2019

@justine loh okay! Feel free add a little more details about what you're looking for and I or somebody else in here might have some more ideas!

Like justine loh likes this

Thanks Brittany.

Trello is being used in my organisation for education and training. And as part of this, we are trying to see if we can monitor the amount of time spend on the Board (ie Reading the materials, or discussing a topic). The amount of time spend doing this (this is not inclusive of uploading materials onto the Board, as that would be Admin’s duty), could hopefully then be used by trainees for their annual revalidation. 

So it is not the Board activity i am looking to monitor but rather each individual, ie Trainees who have been added onto a private Board, whenever they log into the Board, i want to know if i can monitoring the duration of time spend on the Board, and if they click on a card (e.g. to read), i want to know if i can monitor the time spend on the card.

Hope this makes sense. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

96 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you