Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on participant

Simon G_ August 24, 2015

Hi!

My staff and my customers can use the feature "Add participants" to an issue. But I have problems with email notification.

The new participant is notified only if the Add on notifications are enabled. But if Add on notifications  are enabled, my customers receives on each comment two notification (one for a new response, a seconde for a status changed, see this issue).

If I disable the Add on notifications and use only the project notification, I can't find a way to notify my customer when he is added to an issue or when a comment is sent.

Have you an idea that could solve this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JaredMunir August 25, 2015

Takar,

It's a clunky workaround, but at my office we've created a custom workflow whereby all of the ticket statuses are the same on the customer facing side (just "In Progress") and only change on the internal side ("Waiting for Customer," "Waiting for Development," etc.). Therefore the customer only gets a status update email when the ticket is first opened and when it's finally resolved, but they still get emails (just one) when a comment is added.

That might be an option for you?

Simon G_ August 25, 2015

That would be great! But I didn't know that it was possible to have two status, an internal and a customer side. Can you explain how to do this?

JaredMunir August 25, 2015

The important piece of the puzzle is accessed from Service Desk > Settings > Request Types > Edit Fields (you'll have to do this for every single request type you have set up) > Workflow Statuses (tab at the top next to "Fields") Here, you can set multiple workflow steps to the same customer-facing status. For example, in my workflow I have the following mappings: Open > Open (tells the customer we received the ticket but no one has looked at it yet) In Progress > In Progress (tells the customer the ticket has been triaged and we're actively looking into the issue) Waiting for Customer > In Progress (customer still sees that we're working on the issue) In Development > In Progress (still working on the issue...) Resolved > Resolved (customer sees issue has been resolved but internally we're not done documenting or whatever) Closed > Resolved (customer still thinks the issue is resolved but internally we're entirely finished with the issue) Therefore, the customer-facing status never changes when the ticket transitions from in progress to waiting for customer and they'll only get a status change e-mail when the ticket is first moved to "In Progress" or when it's finally set to "Resolved." Hope that helps!

Simon G_ August 27, 2015

Tested and approved! Thanks for your help!

0 votes
Simon G_ August 24, 2015

Hi Rahul,

It's not a problem of duplicate mail:

• In one hand, I enable Service desk notification, My customer get a mail when there is a new comment and a second mail (but not the same) specifying that the status has changed
  • In the other hand I disable Service Desk notification and use only the project notification, but in this case the participant is not notified
0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

Hi @Simon G.

1. check your Notifications and whether the notifications are being sent to multiple groups and the same people are in these groups.
  2. check if you have different users with the same mail address? This causes sending duplicate mails.
  3. also check the address in the email and check whether it is showing the group id or the individual users id.
  4. In JIRA enabling the outgoing mail log in

Admin -> System -> Troubleshooting -> Logging &profiling.

turn it on along with debugging, then check the log to see if Jira has sent duplicate mails to same user.

for more details refer this KB article.

regards

Rahul Danwade

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events