Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move JSD customer to organisation

Matthias Fleschütz April 2, 2018

I have customers that were created automatically by mail channel.

All automatically created ones are within the root and not within their organisation (which is so far clear why ;-).

Now I want to clean that up and move them to their specific organiations but there is no action at all in no dialog to move a customer to am organisation? Just to create a user within an organisation?

Best,
M.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2018

If you click on the Organization under the Customers menu and use "Add Customer" it will simply move them if they exist in 'root'. I wish you could simply have a check box where you could move multiple from root but it doesn't exist. :-(

Matthias Fleschütz April 3, 2018

Hey Jack,

thanks a lot...that is really...well...completely un-intuitive ;-)

But thanks a lot, that solved my issue.

Best,

Matthias

Robert Fink December 14, 2018

Hey Jack,

i tried this, but after adding the customer to the organisation i had to customers with the same e-mail. The origin customer without organisation and the new one with the organisation.

I don't understand this :(

@Matthias Fleschütz has it worked for you?

Best,

Robert

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

@Robert Fink, Yes. If I have a remnant customer not in an org then if I go to the organization and click Add customer and use the exact same email then they are moved into the Organization.

Now I will say I have another odd bug where I cannot add some customers into an org and I have a theory of the cause and plan to research it asap. But I have never seen it create a new duplicate customer before.

Like Sylvain Cossement likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

So we can add them by just simply re-inviting them into the group. But does it send out an email to them or just push them over to that group by default? I don't want to send out more invites.

Also I have been adding people to the groups and it seems to put them in the default also at times and give them permissions. How do you stop that from happening.

Like Joy Williams likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

I have used this method stated above and it worked for the most part but I have a few people that moved but left in the default also. So now they are in two places. Anyone know a solution to make them move permanently? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2019

@Aaron Geister , take a close look at one of the 'customers' listed at the root level. Inspect them under Jira settings > User management. See if they exist there.

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2019

@Jack Brickey  Thank you I had to get help with someone with more access. But this seems to be right they were getting licensed by default which was moving them to the default area and not putting them in the group selected. 

Alan Thrall October 31, 2019

I may be being stupid, but there is no Organisation option available int he Customers area of your service desk.

There's an Add organisation button, and when I add organisations there they appear to have been added, but when I looked back later, there were none????

Help.

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

when you go to add to organization enter their email address press space bar and they will appear in there then hit ADD. you can copy and paste multiple emails into one note pad and then add them at once to the organization. That what I usually do. 

3 votes
Edmondo November 29, 2018

We need to use the username and there is no autocomplete, not very user-firendly. Is there a better solution?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2018

@Edmondo, just an FYI that it is generally best to open a new question when there is an Accepted Answer. The reason for this is that your request will not receive the same visibility. Only those that have engaged on the existing question will be notified and even then if they have their notifications enabled to see new activity on such questions. In this case I'm the only one seeing this but you are in luck because I received an email alerting me. :-)

Regarding your question - unfortunately know. I hate that this is the case. TBH, Organizations and how Customers are associated to them needs some attention for sure and I hope that Atlassian eventually does something about this. What I would like to personally see are the following:

1. the ability to select multiple customers w/in the Customers view and then act on them, e.g. move them to an org.
  2. the ability to associate customers to an org based upon domain
Like # people like this
Wim Matthijs April 26, 2023

perfectly sensible feature request and still not here after 5 years.....
UPVOTE

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events