Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Approval

jrheault March 12, 2018

Is there a way to modify the approval or decline? We have selected approve and wish to update the approval to a decline, but cannot figure out a way to do that.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

This is driven by the workflow you have defined. If you do not have a transition back to the 'Approval' status then you cannot get there. If you have the "All" transition into the initial status (open, to do, new, whatever) then you could have someone transition it to that status.

Long story short, have a look at the workflow and assess it you can achieve your goal or need to update the workflow to do so.

jrheault March 12, 2018

We have the ability to transition back to the "Approval" status, but we do not have the ability to modify or change something that we have currently approved. Its like once we approve the ticket, it is Stuck in Approve forever.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

I'm a bit confused. Your original question indicated you want the ability to change from approved to rejected. If that ultimately is your goal then an agent should be able to do that by going back to Approval or simply directly from Approved to Rejected. Now it may be that the devil is in the details. Your recent response seems to convey that you want some user to be able to change something. Maybe if you provide a screenshot of your workflow w/ the transition labels displayed and define exactly what you want to happen including who (type of user: customer, agent, approver, etc) needs to take the action it might allow me to assist further.

Brüse, Bernhard September 4, 2018

Hi Jack,

I think ;) I have the same issues. I like to modify the approver during the waiting for approval.

As a Service Desk Agent, there should be the opportunity to enable additional people approving a request in case of the ordinary approver is out of office. I thought it would be a good idea to create a new transition (to the same status) and add an additional approver to the CustomField "Approvals". Besides, I configured the workflow to accept the approval after only 1 decision. Unfortunately, JIRA prevents me to add additional user to the customfield "Approvals". Maybe, I missunderstood the procedure?

Do you have any idea why or maybe an alternative way to implement?

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events