Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Customer Profile/Details

SM Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way of adding details about Customers in Jira Service Desk?

I'm thinking...

- address

- phone number

- business type

- business profile/history

- number of sites

- number of staff

- etc etc

Thanks,

Bass

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2019

not OOTB. You would need an addon, e.g. enriched-profiles-for-jira-service-desk

Tanwa Arewa April 12, 2020

Thank You for this.  Is there another plugin available that does the same thing as the above plugin but would not charge so much for a customer base of over 200,000 (customers)

MrUpsidown July 15, 2022

This is almost UNBELIEVABLE. Jira is supposedly the most configurable, extensible app for support but there is NO WAY to store any kind of information about the customers to who you deliver support other than their email address. What a total JOKE!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

@MrUpsidown , this is a rather dated post. It may be possible to leverage the Insight capabilities that exists in Premium though I have not attempted. 

MrUpsidown July 15, 2022

It's an old post but if I search Google for "JIRA customer profile fields" all what I see is old posts like this one or links to external apps. And not many of them. I am quite new to Jira and my feeling is that too many things depend on external add-ons and that many features require Jira admins to have a very deep knowledge and understanding of how Jira (and Insight) works. Being able to store a customer address or phone number sounds like the most basic thing you could think of regarding customers but it sounds like a difficult task (if even possible) to handle with Jira. I understand there is a learning curve with Jira and that not everything can be stright forward and easy but this, honestly, feels like such a basic thing that I am baffled it doesn't come OOTB.

MrUpsidown July 25, 2022

@Jack Brickey A small update on what I said, and what you mentioned above:

It may be possible to leverage the Insight capabilities that exists in Premium

This indeed seems to be a viable solution. I needed a way to link customers (portal customers) with different sites (physical addresses). I created an Insight object Schema called "Sites" with an Object Type "Customer" which I can link to my customers via a User type field.

I then created a "Sites" custom field of type "Insight objects" on my issues and added a "Filter issue scope (IQL)" with value "Customer = currentUser() or Customer = currentReporter()".

I made this custom field available in the portal which allows customers to be able to reference their own Site(s). By using "or Customer = currentReporter()", it also allows support agents to reference the customer Site(s) (and only their sites) on an issue.

Not the simplest thing but it works for our use case. I had not thought about using Insight for this so thanks for your comment which led me to the right direction.

Edit: It might be worth mentioning that to get the full Site Insight object details in the Jira mobile app, I also needed an Automation rule to copy the Site(s) details from Insight to a standard text field which I named "Customer address" on the issues, when the issue is created, and another rule for when the Sites field value changed . I don't know if there is an easier way...

Like # people like this
1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

Hi,

There is no such functionality in the native Jira and Jira Service Management. You can add additional custom fields on the request form but it's not comfortable and the usability of this solution is horrible. Especially, if you have a lot of customers, and they create more than one ticket.

To collect information about customers and organization I would like to recommend to try our new app: Customer Details for Jira Service Management. It allows you to design a form in which you define what data do you need. The field values can be provided not only by service agents but also by customers on their profiles.

0 votes
Marco Wolfbeiss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2021

Hi, I am new here and am evaluating. I would have expected to be able to manage customers and contact data out-of-the-box in a reasonable way.
Now a year has passed since this request - is there anything new?
New features or new apps?
Thank you very much for your help.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

Lots of new features have been added but not “customer profiles”.

Marco Wolfbeiss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 31, 2021

Thanks for this fast feedback.

How are large companies dealing with this? They won't be able to cope with two fields for name and email for contacts. Do these companies then develop their own extensions? Or are there more apps like the "Customer Details for Jira Service Management" from Appsvio.

Nigel Rochford
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

I'm a little late to the party, but our app solves the challenge in capturing information about organisations centrally. We don't yet have a feature to do this for individual users - we focus on companies. 

Essentially, you can capture info in your own custom fields and then show them in context via an issue glance. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222515/crumbs-simple-crm-for-jira-and-jsm

0 votes
SM Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 14, 2019

Thank you VERY much! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events