Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud servicedesk is not sending email when connected to a Office365 email account

Lars_Clausen October 31, 2019

Hi

I am in the process of setting up a Jira Cloud ServiceDesk, and so far its great. All the notifications work when using the jira@*.atlasian.net but i wanted to change that to our own support email support@company.com

I added SPF and DKIM records to our DNS, i verified our domain in amin.atlasian.com, i can change the email in the "summary" section, but then the emails stop completely.

Under project settings--> Email requests, i have connected to our support@company.com email. 

I can send emails to this email, and they are being picked up and turned into tickets, but no notifications can be sent from this email.

I feel like im missing something very trivial.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

6 answers

1 vote
Lars_Clausen January 6, 2020

Hi @Rune Waage 

I'm sorry, but I have not found a solution to this.

I don't think Atlassian wants to solve it in the near future, as per this thread.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-40169

We have to look elsewhere for a ServiceDesk as we don't want to have the cost of a server installation when there is plenty of other cloud-based suppliers available that DO take email security seriously.

1 vote
Rune Waage
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2020

Hi @Lars_Clausen

I have the exact same issue as you and have also followed the steps in Configuring Jira Cloud to send emails on behalf of your domain to setup our email notification to customers.

Unfortunately it seems like emails are still DKIM verified against atlassian and not my company's DKIM key. This makes emails handled as spam in outlook (Office365).

I used an gmail address for a Customer and notification are send from our company address "via atlassian.net".

Have you fond a solution since last post?

We may have to go from Cloud to a server installation of JSD because of this.

0 votes
Brian Lawton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2021

I'm having the exact same issue as originally described.  Any new suggestions for a fix?

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Lars_Clausen ,

As Jack was describing earlier natively in jira the email server is not configurable for a custom domain and the KB you previously linked was the old process for external management and the article has since been deprecated, noting the link is now redirected to a page not found.

The New process can be seen at the following link:

As covered in the KB you will set up an  integration with GSuite to manage the domain and hand off user management to the integration.

Regards,
Earl

Lars_Clausen December 18, 2019

@Earl McCutcheon 

Thx for the explanation.

However, i still cant get it to work.

I have validated ownership of the domain at admin.atlasian.com, i have added SPF and DKIM records at our DNS, i have validated the SPF and DKIM configuration at https://domain-check.atlassian.com/ and i have set the projects email address in the summary-->Notifications-->Project email address.

But it does not work. What am i missing? The email address is a Office365 address with a Exchange online plan 1 license.

Where should i start the troubleshooting?

0 votes
Lars_Clausen December 5, 2019

Any other thoughts on this from anyone else? I can see that some of the documentation has been removed from Confluence. I still can't get Jira Cloud Servicedesk to send email from our own domain.

I have added the SPF and DKIM records to or DNS, i have claimed the domain at admin.atlasian.com and verified that the domain is properly setup.

In the project settings, i have connected the email account, but Jira is still sending from jira@mycompany.atlasian.com

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2019

The email you reference under Email requests is for incoming to create tickets. Cloud uses a default outgoing (yourcompany@atlassian.net) and this cannot be changed. You can consider an addon mail handler app to replace the built in mail handler. You can vote/watch this issue -JSDCLOUD-2075 

Lars_Clausen October 31, 2019

Thx for the answer. 

Why have i then been guided to add SPF and DKIM records in my DNS as pr this guide?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain-900996548.html

And what is the purpose of being able to change the email address in the summery section?

Lars_Clausen November 4, 2019

@Jack Brickey  ...or am i missing something?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi Lars,

sorry I haven't gotten back. I'm actually on vacation. TBH, I'm unsure about this as I have not attempted to set this up. I will ping others in the community to see if they have any thoughts.

Lars_Clausen November 5, 2019

Hi @Jack Brickey No problem, looking forward to hear from you guys. Have a nice vacation :-)

Lars_Clausen November 18, 2019

Hi @Jack Brickey Hope you had a nice vacation. Have you or the rest of the team had time to look into it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2019

Hi Lars, I have not had time to play with this. I did ping others but appears no one took the bait 😕. You might reach out to Atlassian Support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events