Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud : How to prefill a customer name based on his email

Judikael Deniel December 18, 2019

Hello everyone, 

We are migrating our Jira Server to Jira Cloud. 

We have something like 15 customers that can create issue on our Service Desk. They are all on the same project.

To create an issue, they avec to enter their customer's ID in a field, that retreive the right customer's complete name. 

This field is an add-on, it's a SQL field, that match the ID with the complete name in another database I created. 

Everything worked great, but now, we need to migrate, and I'm stuck with this part. 

The migration went fine, and of course, as we were expecting, the field disapeared. And the AddOn isn't available on the market place (and it's normal).

Of course, we want to keep this solution, the customer needs to identify himself by his customer's ID. 

We can't do a list with all the customers of course, they don't need to see each others. 

So my question, is there a way to retreive a customer name, maybe with a hidden list, based on his email address? 
For exemple, the customer will connect, and his customer's name will be automatically retreived. We don't want them to have to type their ID anymore. 

The other solution that we see is to create one single project by customer, with one queue that regroup all of them, but it will be very long to put in place. 

Thanks in advance, if you need more information, just tell me. I hope I'm clear. 

Judikaël.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi @Judikael Deniel 

How are customers currently logging requests? Via the Portal or email? 

I read your email, perhaps I don't fully understand what you are wanting, but it does seem very long winded way for your customer, when it shouldn't have to be.  I summarised what you said and provided a solution. 

• 15 customers who create tickets all in the same project ===> Add the 15 users into an organisation within your Jira Service Desk (Select Customers, create an organisation, add 15 email addresses of users to the organisation, click ADD. An email is sent to 15 users asking them to sign up to the Customer Portal with a username and password)
  • To create an issue, they avec to enter their customer's ID in a field, that retrieve the right customer's complete name.  ===> When one of the 15 wants to raise a ticket they log into the Customer Portal with their username and password and raise a request via the request menu, which could be a simple form of fields. Before sending the ticket to you the user has a choice whether they share the ticket with their colleagues or not. 
  • The user can also click on Requests and see all the requests raised by themselves or the other 14 users in the Organisation. 

Let me know if that helps.

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events