Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSD automation not working as desired based on workflow essential post functions ordering

Carol Jones October 6, 2017

We just upgraded JSD from v3.1.9 to v3.5.2 and are experiencing an issue with some Automation we had setup.  The Automation is pretty basic and worked before with JSD v3.1.9, but with the upgrade, it's now buggy.  Not sure if this a known bug?  I didn't come up with anything in my searching, so posting it here in hopes of a good solution :)  TIA!

Automation Setup

WHEN Comment added
IF Issue matches: Status in ("Waiting for Customer", Resolved)
THEN Transition issue: Waiting for Support

Issue at Hand

The issue we're experiencing is when a comment is made durning the workflow transition when placing the ticket into the "Waiting for Customer" status, the above automation is triggered and sending it immediately back into "Waiting for Support".

Reasoning

Based on the ordering of the essential post function steps (which can't be re-ordered), I see on the ticket history that the ticket is moved into "Waiting for Customer", and then the comment is added.  I believe if we could update the ordering so comments are added before the ticket officially transitions, this would resolve the issue we're facing.  Not sure why it worked before as this doesn't look to have changed.

Workaround/Solution

Open to suggestions!  TIA

2 answers

0 votes

After quite a bit of playing and searching, looks like there's a fix in Cloud, it just hasn't made it to Server yet:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4348

So now I just need to find a workaround until the fix is available .. Still open to ideas!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

@Carol Jones, you are spot on I think. it has to do w/ the ordering and that needs to be changed. You mention "which can't be reordered". Why is that?

@Jack Brickey -- Maybe you know a trick (configuration toggle maybe) that I can update to have ability to reorder?  I've tried, but the arrows to move up/down are disabled for global admins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events