JQL to search members of "Request participants" custom field created by JIRA Service Desk

What would be the JQL to search for members of the "Request participants" custom field that it's created after enabling the JIRA Service Desk add-on

2 answers

1 accepted

Are you trying to find a list of all users who have ever been listed as Request participants? You could use JQL along the lines of the following:

"Request participants" is not EMPTY

Then you could modify which columns are visible so that the various Request participants are in front of you.

You can treat the Request participants field as you would other user fields, e.g. by searching for issues where Request participants are members of the administrators group:

"Request participants" in membersOf("administrators")

Request participants must also already be customers in your Service Desk. But I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to solve – if this doesn't help, could you clarify?

0 vote

Try the following:

username/assignee/reporter in "Request participants"

No. that doesn't work.

What exactly you tried? And what is the error?

Operator 'in' does not support the non-list value '"Request participants"' for field 'assignee'.

Oh ok. I haven't seen that custom field before but just wanted to give it a try! Sorry it didn't work.

No problem. You should have notice that this is a JIRA Service Desk question and anyone familiar with this add-on would know about this custom field. ;)

It is funny because we use the add-on and don't see the custom field. We are using the server version though!

I just checked the Release Notes and it seems this feature hasn't made it yet to the Server version. It's only available in Cloud. It's a great feature that allows you to share JIRA Service Desk features with other members of the organization through the Customer Portal.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

1,240 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you