Is there a way to remove the agents name from the customer notifications? Edited

We have removed any reference to the agent's name from the email template but when the notification goes out the agent's name is populated in the From field on the email.  We would like to make this a generic name of the team rather than a specific user.  Is this possible?

We are in the cloud version.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2017

Hi Jenifer! I am afraid you are running into a known limitation of JSD - we have a suggestion ticket open to add the ability to just use what ever "from" address JIRA is using:

User JIRA's 'Email From' format in Notifications

If you have time, please vote on the suggestion.

You may want to test out this add-on, Email This Issue; the Marketplace listing claims:

"Email subject, body, from address and comments may include system or custom fields."

Thanks Ann! I voted. 

Hi @Jenifer Kuntz

You can use our add-on Jirassimo notifications to send emails without the agent name in from field. It will be sent using Jira default SMTP server and use settings of the account configured.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,138 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot