Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a log for emails generated by Jira?

Paul Neat March 26, 2018

I see the log for incoming emails handled by the Jira email handler, but is there a log to show the outbound emails or notifications generated by Jira?

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Paul,

atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log -- once you have configured Outgoing Mail, you can enable the Outgoing Mail log and Debugging (JIRA Administration >> System >> Logging and profiling):

Mail.png

Also, you can add and increase the logging level for certain packages (e.g: com.atlassian.mail ) to get more details logged.

Regards,
Kelly

Paul Neat March 27, 2018

Thank you!

Andre Giuseppin December 6, 2018

How can i configure outgoing mail using this: atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log?

Like uriel.m.kim likes this
Bianca de Weerd February 8, 2021

I don't see this option in my jira cloud. Please help

Troy Anderson May 25, 2023

Does this imply that there once WAS an outgoing email log and it actually went away at some point.  Shun!

1 vote
Patrick Metzdorf May 1, 2019

I can't see these settings in our Jira instance (cloud). Does this mean it's not available for Cloud accounts, and if so, is there another way of seeing a log of sent emails?

Matt Fleming June 5, 2019

I know there is as I've used it in the past but I can't find it either.

Matt Fleming June 5, 2019

@patrick lo1 

Finally found the inbound log after doing some digging. But it doesn't look like it has outbound emails on it. There is a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4698.

Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests. On the email requests page, you'll find a list of email addresses. To the right (under "Actions" column) will be "View Log." 

Atlassian, why don't you put this in the System > Mail section next to Global mail settings, Outgoing mail, Incoming mail and Send email?!  >_<

Like # people like this
Brett Kapilik June 20, 2019

I agree that logging outbound notifications is vital. We are implementing workflows in JIRA that involve legal issues for which we may need to prove that notifications of issues were sent to certain users at certain times.

Like # people like this
Suresh May 15, 2023

Let's say there is an SD ticket has ben created by User A which involves Approval by User B. Ideally we expect two notifications to be sent by Jira.

1. one by User A receiving that they submitted the ticket. 

2. one by User B receiving that they need to approve/deny the ticket

In Jira Server logs, where can I see (Front-end and/or Backend) confirm that notifications have indeed been sent to show them (User A and User B) as proof.

0 votes
daniel March 22, 2023

My clients are not receiving JIRA SERVICE DESK emails. And we have no method to track the problem. 

Very angry with JIRA... 😡

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@daniel you can create a new question and we'll be happy to solve your problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events