Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate multiple version reports for the large project?

Hari Bathina May 10, 2018

Let's assume we have a project comprising of 40 developers. Developers will be working on a different release resulting in 4 releases going on parallel and 10 developers working on each of these releases. If I create a version report for each of the releases, will that be forecasting the completion date of the release based on all the developers on the project (or) does it forecast only based on the developers working on the specific release.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user July 23, 2018

Hi @Hari Bathina,

I will try to explain as best I can. Jira has no concept of capacity, instead the versions report is calculated using the Scrum board that the report is linked to, see the version report documentation for details. 

• the Predicted Release Date (blue line) – that is, the date at which you can expect all issues in your version to be complete, based on your average daily velocity and the amount of estimated work remaining.

Quoting from the documentation, the report uses the board mapping and velocity of the issues within the version against the estimated work remaining on those issues. Therefore the version report updates the prediction based on the speed at which issues with the version are moved to the far-right column of the board. 

Let me know if I have misunderstood your requirements.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events