Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to downgrade a JIRA installation

Ramiro Alcazar December 5, 2017

Hello,

we recently installed JIRA 7.6.0 and we want to do a synchronization to our TFS 2010.

Unfortunately, the connector we found does not support TFS 2010. A previous version does, but does not support JIRA 7.6.0.

So we have two options, upgrading TFS or downgrading JIRA. While upgrading TFS would be the right thing to do, it is a project itself that will take a while to complete.

I was wondering if it is possible to do a downgrade of JIRA to a previous version or if at the very least there is a way to preserve what we have already done in JIRA (we created some users, some issues in Service Desk, etc...) if we reinstall a previous version of JIRA.

Thanks,

Ramiro

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Ramiro,

You can definitely roll back, however, there are some requirements:

(info) Prior to rolling back your JIRA application upgrade, ensure that you have the following backups from your previous application version:

• The JIRA application database (generated by your database's own backup tools).
  • The JIRA application Home Directory.
  • The JIRA application Installation Directory.

As long as you have the required backup files you can use the steps in Rolling back a JIRA application upgrade to complete the rollback.

If you do not have the required files JIRA is not designed to import data from a new version into an older version.  I have seen some hacky ways to do it which involve changing the build number in the backup file, however, in my testing that has rarely been successful.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events