Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create Pie Chart according to Request Type in Jira Service Desk

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Can we create Pie Chart for single Project according to their request type in JSD

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi @Prashant Mali

It is not possible at the moment, you can vote for the feature request and start watching it here: As a user, I would like to add Customer Request Type field into Dashboard Gadget.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

2 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

@Prashant Mali 

I think it is possible with 'interesting' way. 

You can create JSD automation rule for updating different fields, for example : 

WHEN - Issue created

IF - Issue matches - "Customer Request Type" = "Desktop/Laptop support (IT)" 

etc for each Customer Request Type.

THEN - Edit labels - value - "Desktop/Laptop support (IT)",

Then you can create PieChart on Labels in your JSD-project.

Corey Needham February 7, 2020

@Alexander Bondarev 

The unavailability of the "Request Type" in a few places has bothered me for a while and this solution has worked great for me.

It is a shame that so much "basic" Jira functionality can only be accomplished by creative workarounds such as this, or $ add-ons,  but I thank you for posting it!

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Ahmed Gaber June 22, 2020

@Alexander Bondarev that's great idea, i will try it out

Tarik Ljouad September 28, 2021

@Alexander Bondarev we rely on automations a lot in our instance and adding another one that reacts on ticket creation would consume a lot of our max allowed execution time. But I agree that when things are not available out of the box, one has to think out of the box!

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2021

Hi, I agree this should be available out of the box. If you're up for a commercial solution, our app Dashboard Hub for Jira provides different gadgets. The JQL Custom Charts gadget lets you use the JSM Request Time for your charts:

Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 19.37.15.png

You can see a live demo of an ITSM dashboard here. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events