Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Referenced Custom Field for JSD (cloud) / Insight (Cloud)

felix.weber May 25, 2020

hey,

we have created a customfield (type=asset, name="(ALL) Domains") referencing to Insight and our customers are able to select the appropriate Values in a drop down. Fine so far

For an automation I need this value also in a linked issue.

My Idea was to "grap" the selected value as I need to copy it to a comment in a linked issue. I can´t even select this field in the default "Edit Issue" actions from Jira Automation. 

I expect when the customer selects "Domain A" to get "Domain A" (make sense, he ?!) 

But I got stuck by getting the selected value:

Code: {{Issue.fields."(ALL) Domain"}}  
Result: {appKey=com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight, originId=34_109, serializedOrigin=com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight/34_109, value=com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight/34_109}

I also tried also {{Issue.fields."(ALL) Domain".key}}  OR .name OR .value OR .select 

Furthermore also tried {{issue.InsightField."(ALL) Domain Whitelabels"}} but no result at all. 

I also tried to get the correct field by JSONview but this didn´t helped me as well

I checked also the documentation but found only a solution for DataCenter/Server:

https://documentation.mindville.com/display/ICV49/Insight+Referenced+Custom+Field

please assist  

2 answers

0 votes
Eddie Webbinaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

I was able to copy asset objects between issues using the custom "additonal options" for edit issue, and providing something like:

{ "fields": { "Employee": [{"value":"{{triggerIssue.Employee.value}}" }] } } 
0 votes
felix.weber May 26, 2020

as a workaround I used the Insight Post-Function within the Workflow (at Create-transision) to get the Insight value to a Custom field which I can use for further actions.

find details here: https://documentation.mindville.com/display/INSCLOUD/Insight+Post+functions+for+workflows

btw. It is important that the Rule is the last post functions as otherwise the value is empty ;)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events