Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlink issues in bulk?

Pratiksha Ananta Kumbharkar August 28, 2019

I have done bulk linking of issues with the help of external system import. I tried bulk remove linking issues with the help of import but seems like it is not working....Can u please guide how can we remove link in bulk without buying any addon.

We are using jira version = v7.6.9. Is it possible to remove link in bulk with this version of jira. If yes please help out with this else can u tell with which version of jira it is possible?

Thanks & Regards,

Pratiksha.

2 answers

2 votes
Mikaela Bertucci October 28, 2020

You can do this by creating an automation. 

Unlink Issues .jpg

Martin Hilbig November 17, 2020

Question was explicitely for a solution without a paid addon. Automation is a paid addon on Server/DC. As OP posted a version number, they are on a server/dc instance, as Cloud does not have (public) versioning.

there seems to be no real path to remove issue links in bulk. I need to unlink 4,5K sub-tasks which have been erroneously linked to three user stories, and Atlassian Support suggested I do it manually through the UI, and linked to this thread for "further reading".

The only way seems to be to do it via sql queries on issuelink table - not supported or encouraged - or to use a paid addon and utilize a script. 

Absolutely disappointing. To whoever may find this thread in search for answers, as I did: good luck: you need to fix it yourself.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Hi.

As I know, unfortunately, you cannot do it out of the box. You can edit bulk issues in the Issue navigator (on right and top side interface you can view additional menu with actions). But you cannot unlink all issues in one action ((

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events