How to setup a holiday in multiple SLA Calendars?

Rodrigo November 13, 2018

Hi people!

In our Server Jira Service Desk we have many projects and, although they were created with shared configuration, Jira makes a new copy of the SLA Calendar for each new project.

I now have to manually setup the floating holidays for the next year and I didn't feel like manually editing dozens of calendars through the browser.

Did anyone solve this issue? Database inserts? Automated requests (JMeter)? Something?

Cheers

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manuela Karaabova [Botron] November 15, 2018

Hi,

You can update holidays by using REST API:

/rest/workinghours/1/api/calendar - get all calendars to obtain their ids

/rest/workinghours/1/api/calendar/{id} - update the holiday part in JSON format.

There are get/put/delete operations, and will be easy to update the holidays part in all calendars.

Rodrigo November 15, 2018

Thanks @Manuela Karaabova [Botron]! Though it seem's an undisclosed API, isn't it? Can't seem to find any reference of it... like how to post/put only the new holidays, if that's even possible - or you have to post the entire holiday list...

Manuela Karaabova [Botron] November 18, 2018

Hi Rodrigo, you can install REST API browser add-on and search for the api, this is non public API.

The format of the input data for this API is JSON, so if you want to add new holidays, you should post the old list plus the new holidays to that list, not only the new holidays. But the idea is you have fist GET operation in your client side, to get the calendar and then add the holidays and execute POST.

Like Rodrigo likes this
Rodrigo Volpe March 27, 2019

Hi Manuela,

I have been trying to do this but I am getting 403 as a response. Do we have to have any special authentication?

Never Mind I got it.
You can only use "PUT" and not "POST" as you are not actually creating a calendar you are just updating it with a new holiday. 
So basic! 
Thanks anyway!

5 votes
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2020

Hi Rodrigo.
We have this feature as a part of our new app called Enhancer for Jira Service Desk. This is a commercial app, however, you can find there much more useful features. 
In case of any questions feel free to contact us at support@appsvio.com

Cheers,

Rodrigo February 19, 2020

Thanks Tom!

Nice to know!

Cheers

0 votes
Ralph Gerald Varon February 6, 2024

yeah, this no longer works

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders