How to create a Jira Service Desk ticket reminder

Dave B_ September 3, 2019

How is a Jira Service Desk ticket reminder created? Thanks.

6 answers

2 votes
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2019

Hi @Dave B_ 

I've come across a similar issue and I solved it, but it's not a straight forward approach.

The problem: Remind a support agent that a given JSD issue is in a given status for X amount of days.

In my case, when a support agent has a support issue is status PENDING for more than 3 days, I create a slack notification and Jira message that mentions the assignee. That is the reminder.

To do this, I had to create a custom Jira field that I called 'Status Time' and the values it can take are dates.

Next, I created a rule that stamps this field, each time an issue is transitioning to a given status:

2019-09-09 10_27_47-Project automation - Jira.pngObviously, you must have this field visible in your issue's screens. (I won't get into how to this in this post).

Lastly, you need to create a rule that runs based on a cron setting and that is looking at this Status Time field and counts against it:

1.png

Then:

2.pngAND

3.png

I hope it helps.

1 vote
Dave B_ September 9, 2019

I found a Jira Cloud hosting app solution in Atlassian Marketplace called 'My Reminders for Jira'

0 votes
Halim Ansari September 5, 2021

Why should I pay on ad-ons for a simple basic feature like set reminder notifications on a date or due date?

In my scenario, I have created an employee exit request which is due in week and need to be notified on that day.

0 votes
Tatiana Sokolova June 9, 2020

Hi Dave,

you can check the Add-on developed by our team, which is available for cloud.

You can set the receiver of the reminder, which can be user (or several users) or jira-groups.

I hope you will find it useful!

Tatiana

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2019

I think you can use "Issue Reminders" add-on. You can set a reminder for any issue, not only service desk tickets. 

jira-issue-reminder.png

PS: I'm the add-on vendor.

Dave B_ September 9, 2019

Do you offer this add-on for Cloud hosting, which is what we are using?

Starware September 9, 2019

For cloud you can use My Reminders add-on of Atlassian Labs. 

Like Gil likes this
0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2019

Hey @Dave B_ - can you elaborate on what you mean by reminder? When you say reminder, I think of an email notification that an action needs to be taken - but want to be sure I'm clear with my response. 

Dave B_ September 3, 2019

Hi Meg, 

Correct, a scheduled notification email to the assignee that an action needs to be taken.

Dave B_ September 5, 2019

Hi @Meg Holbrook I'm not sure if you received my reply but I'm replying again in case it fell through the cracks. Thanks.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2019

Morning Dave, 

Depending on what you're trying to remind someone of, you can set up an SLA that will expire and then send an email or make a ticket comment. 

If this doesn't meet your needs, there are a number of different automation addons such as Scriptrunner or Automation for JIRA that can accomplish deeper automation.

Dave B_ September 5, 2019

Thanks for your reply @Meg Holbrook 

I'm not sure an SLA approach is ideal because our objective is to conveniently set a reminder/notification for a given number of days from today's date from within any ticket and to notify the Assignee but not the Reporter, perhaps via an internal comment. Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events