How to activate (internal) comments only for Developers / Service Desk Team?

Eddy Dickens April 3, 2018

Hello,

How does the internally comment field work precisely, it will be shown to the customers who made the ticket. I only want the the servicedesk agents to see the comments. Also if i resolve my case then it will only be displayed to the servicedesk agents, so it works but not the way i would like it to work.

Best regards,

Eddy Dickens

2 answers

1 vote
Christopher Jaksch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Hi @Eddy Dickens,

please check the following knowledge base article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-does-quot-comment-internally-quot-actually-mean-in-JIRA/qaq-p/622531

As long your Service Desk customers are not able to view JIRA issues except in the Service Desk portal, internal comments shouldn't trigger notifications or be visible to the customer.

If the customer can also view JIRA issues internally you should restrict comment visibility: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/editing-and-collaborating-on-issues-939938928.html#Editingandcollaboratingonissues-addcommentsCommentingonissues

Hope that helps.

Best wishes
Chris (STAGIL)

0 votes
Matthias Fleschütz April 3, 2018

Hi Eddy,

are your ticket authors set up as customers or as users?

I have additionally set up an custom access rights scheme "only see own tickets" which is assigned by default to all issues.

Within this rights schema I have defined that issues can be seen by authors, there participants, watchers, approvers and service desk team. With this setting it works, even when somebody is jira-administrator.

Best,

Matthias

Eddy Dickens April 3, 2018

Hi Matthias,

i meant that the customer(non jira user) gets an e-mail notification when the servicedesk agent puts down a internal comment. This should stay internally. is that schema then usefull? 

Best regards,

Eddy

Matthias Fleschütz April 3, 2018

Hi Eddy,

I find that a little bit confusing as well for notifications. Because there are two. There is the "customer notification" within the project settings (This is were I have set up all external customer-facing notifications).

And then there are the "regular" notification schemas within the global Jira settings. As I have figured out for myself it seems that there you must not include any notifications to customers, as they are meant globally and customer-facing notifications will be handled completely different by the "customer notifications" above.

Best,

Matthias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events