Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you create reports for sharing with External customers?

gbh2930 November 24, 2017

We have some larger external customers that wish to see regular reports of their service desk ticket statuses. So far the documentation I have seen for JIRA Service Desk reports is for creating reports for Internal team use. How do you share or create reports in JIRA for External customers to see?

For example, how many tickets are open, in progress, waiting on customer, resolved, etc per week. Including graphs, pie charts and so on. So that the external organizations can see spikes in tickets in a regular report, etc.

4 answers

2 votes
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

I am baffled that a Service Management Tool does not come with 'Customer Reports' as standard.

One of the key points of Service Management is to improve and maintain service for the customers. 

2 votes
Martin Orzaiz (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hey Gary,

I'm afraid there is no way we could create or share the reports with external customers in JIRA. Customers in JIRA Service Desk do not have access to JIRA, they can only see the customer portal, notifications being restricted.

Although, this is being address in the following ticket. If you mark yourself as a watcher, you will be able to receive notifications for any updates, and we also recommend to vote the issue so it gets more visibility.

Here is the link for the ticket.

Something we could do here in the meantime is to forward those email reports from your mail server to the external parties you want to share and create those reports with. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Martin

0 votes
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2023

Hi @gbh2930 
If you want to publish reports to your external customers via the Jira Service Management Customer portal, you can try the paid eazyBI app. We have released an option to "publish
eazyBI Dashboards in the Jira Service Management (JSM) portal".
You can read more about how to enable and configure it here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/publish-reports/publish-in-jsm-portal

Kind regards,
Gerda // support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

I'm wondering if you could achieve an acceptable solution using a KB page that is shared w/ customer. You could create Jira gadgets on the page. I haven't tried so unsure but seems like it should.

gbh2930 November 27, 2017

You mean via a page on our Customer Portal KB? But that is shared with multiple external customers already and we do not want customer organizations to be aware of each other or see each others reports.

Unless you mean share the KB pages with specific external non-confluence user like you can do with Google Docs but going by the following conversation and ticket, that is currently not possible?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Share-confluence-page-to-non-user/qaq-p/307280

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-32999

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2017

Yep that is true. Multiple customers would negate the approach. I guess you are left with images of reports/dashboards. 

Leanne Johnson October 29, 2021

Just a note - you can't even do this with internal jira users that aren't also service desk agents.  We use jira service management to field requests from internal departments and multiple product teams.  We're a jira shop, so it is inherently frustrating for users that are accustomed to seeing all jira issues, to not be able to browse through issues in the service desk.  I have been dealing with that for some time, and have a spiel for it.  But even Jira users that are also service desk customers cannot see anything I place on a jira  dashboard or confluence page that has been filtered to only their issues.  For example, recently, Product Team A has been reporting on all issues they report to my team (we keep the product infrastructure running) as part of their overall health metrics.  This means I have to manually create reports for the Product Team A organization and screenshot them every week.  This is becoming a company wide initiative, so pretty soon, I will be doing this for 20+ Product Teams each week.  As the need for additional reports per team grows, and the teams themselves grow, this will quickly become unmanageable.

Like Kate Hakes likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2021

Hi @Leanne Johnson ,

If you're up for a commercial alternative, we provide an app called Dashboard Hub for Jira (also available for Confluence). This app allows you creating different types of dashboards to report about metrics from different teams like ITSM, Agile, DevOps... And then you can share in a secure way those dashboards. 

You can see different examples here:

Hope this helps!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events