How do you create reports for sharing with External customers?

We have some larger external customers that wish to see regular reports of their service desk ticket statuses. So far the documentation I have seen for JIRA Service Desk reports is for creating reports for Internal team use. How do you share or create reports in JIRA for External customers to see?

For example, how many tickets are open, in progress, waiting on customer, resolved, etc per week. Including graphs, pie charts and so on. So that the external organizations can see spikes in tickets in a regular report, etc.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Gary,

I'm afraid there is no way we could create or share the reports with external customers in JIRA. Customers in JIRA Service Desk do not have access to JIRA, they can only see the customer portal, notifications being restricted.

Although, this is being address in the following ticket. If you mark yourself as a watcher, you will be able to receive notifications for any updates, and we also recommend to vote the issue so it gets more visibility.

Here is the link for the ticket.

Something we could do here in the meantime is to forward those email reports from your mail server to the external parties you want to share and create those reports with. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Martin

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 24, 2017

I'm wondering if you could achieve an acceptable solution using a KB page that is shared w/ customer. You could create Jira gadgets on the page. I haven't tried so unsure but seems like it should.

You mean via a page on our Customer Portal KB? But that is shared with multiple external customers already and we do not want customer organizations to be aware of each other or see each others reports.

Unless you mean share the KB pages with specific external non-confluence user like you can do with Google Docs but going by the following conversation and ticket, that is currently not possible?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Share-confluence-page-to-non-user/qaq-p/307280

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-32999

Jack Brickey Community Champion Nov 27, 2017

Yep that is true. Multiple customers would negate the approach. I guess you are left with images of reports/dashboards. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

300 views 7 20
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you