How do I enable notifications to agents when a new ticket is created?

Vulcan TechGroup January 10, 2020

Hi all,

I'm new here and need some assistance. I just setup Jira Service Desk and already pretty deep into it (Shared the URL and enrolled users). The Project is using the next gen project settings. I have an issue where a new ticket is created, but agents do not receive any emails that a new ticket was created. This is going to be an issue as we rely on the email notifications to know when the ticket was created. We are not always looking at the Jira Service Desk project. Is there a way to enable this feature? Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

I do not use next-gen but do understand notifications are forthcoming. That said I also understand that you can use Automation for this as well. Here is a post that discusses this - Next-gen-Service-Desk-Issue-Created-Notifications 

Thank you for the response! I'll check this out and see if it helps. Just wish I knew this before setting up the next gen service desk.

That seems like it will do it. Going to test it now and let you know.

Awesome, it worked! Again, thank you and have a good night.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2020

Good to know. I do want to try NG service desk but just haven’t found the right opportunity. For sure there are limitations but they are making progress and at least it has workflow capabilities where the SW templates do not which is a big limitation IMO. I don’t think I could live without conditions, validators and post functions. 

Like Vulcan TechGroup likes this
0 votes

As a matter of fact, the agents don't even receive email notifications when the ticket is assigned to them either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events