Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen Service Desk Issue Created Notifications

I am new to JIRA service desk. I need the project admin to receive issue created email notifications. I have setup the default notification scheme how I want it and the admin is set as the project lead however I am not receiving any email notifications when a new issue is created by a customer. I may be missing something so any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Atlassian Team Jul 22, 2019

Hi ,

Notification schemes will be coming to next gen, don't worry.

Until then you can easily set an automation rule to do the same for you.

Here is an example 

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 9.54.52 am.pngLet me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Radu

Radu Atlassian Team Jul 25, 2019

Hi Liam,

While reviewing this rules I realised there is also a caveat in that you have to maintain the user list in the automation setting.

If you have a low amount of agents it's not going to be difficult, however if you have a large group of people that need to be notified it's going to be harder.

Cheers,

Radu

Hi @Radu unfortunately this is not going to work if you have more than one agent following the same project and you automatically set the assignee based on the component when a request comes in.

Any way I can make the default assignee being notified when an issue is created for their component?

Never mind, the email came in but it took more than 5 minutes...

Like Radu likes this

I've tried this but could not get it working. Any ideas @Radu ? 

I can't get this to work either

Thank you for your response however I am using the next-gen service desk and after some research i've found that most of the options in the guides you referenced are not available for next-gen service desk. 

All I need is to be notified via email when an issue is raised - surely this is possible?

Please help!

Like # people like this

Has this matter been resolved? I do not receive alerts when an issue is created despite going through the steps mentioned above and really need to receive an email if a customer creates a ticket. 

Radu Atlassian Team Oct 28, 2019

Hi @jus fun 

This should be working at the moment, are you having difficulties?

Did the email arrive later?

What project type are you using?

How did you test this?

Cheers,

Radu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

231 views 3 5
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you