Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next-gen Service Desk Issue Created Notifications

Liam Bailey July 22, 2019

I am new to JIRA service desk. I need the project admin to receive issue created email notifications. I have setup the default notification scheme how I want it and the admin is set as the project lead however I am not receiving any email notifications when a new issue is created by a customer. I may be missing something so any advice would be greatly received. Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

Hi ,

Notification schemes will be coming to next gen, don't worry.

Until then you can easily set an automation rule to do the same for you.

Here is an example 

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 9.54.52 am.pngLet me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Radu

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

Hi Liam,

While reviewing this rules I realised there is also a caveat in that you have to maintain the user list in the automation setting.

If you have a low amount of agents it's not going to be difficult, however if you have a large group of people that need to be notified it's going to be harder.

Cheers,

Radu

Matt October 18, 2019

Hi @Radu unfortunately this is not going to work if you have more than one agent following the same project and you automatically set the assignee based on the component when a request comes in.

Any way I can make the default assignee being notified when an issue is created for their component?

Matt October 18, 2019

Never mind, the email came in but it took more than 5 minutes...

Like Radu likes this
Jimmy Bergmark January 1, 2020

I've tried this but could not get it working. Any ideas @Radu ? 

Tim Smith April 23, 2020

I can't get this to work either

0 votes
Justin McClelland October 28, 2019

Has this matter been resolved? I do not receive alerts when an issue is created despite going through the steps mentioned above and really need to receive an email if a customer creates a ticket. 

Radu
Atlassian Team
October 28, 2019

Hi @jus fun 

This should be working at the moment, are you having difficulties?

Did the email arrive later?

What project type are you using?

How did you test this?

Cheers,

Radu

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2019
Liam Bailey July 22, 2019

Thank you for your response however I am using the next-gen service desk and after some research i've found that most of the options in the guides you referenced are not available for next-gen service desk. 

All I need is to be notified via email when an issue is raised - surely this is possible?

Please help!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events