Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a button to the jira comment actions like "edit"?

MH May 27, 2019

Hi,

is it somehow possible to add a custom button programmatically to the action menu of the comments?

I want to trigger an action by the user which does changes on the specific comment.

This should be done within a jira plugin development.

Cheers.

(Jira ServiceDesk 3.15.1)

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

Hi @MH 

Can you try Automation for JIRA plugin? You can create a rule that will be trigger when comment is edit, you can limit this by JQL to comment that you want to do and at the end you will define action what should be done.

This add-on:

- has free version - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211836/automation-for-jira-server-lite?hosting=server&tab=overview

- has paid version - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Regards,

Seba

MH May 27, 2019

Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński

I thought already about solutions like that. But I have the restriction to not use any more plugin. 

I was looking for a solution like adding a button to the action menu of an issue (web-item) but as far as I can see there is nothing like that for the action menu of a comment. (See screenshot)

Cheers

M

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

I don't think that Atlassian will bring solution like you describe.

Unfortunatelu you must choose between add-on from marketplace and add-on from external development. Both will be work but you should think about future improvment and maintenance.

Regards,

Seba

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events