Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop Jira from popping up in Teams

Robert Webster June 16, 2020

I'm using Teams to communicate to people about Jira cards. EVERY TIME I include a link, I'm prompted to sign in to Jira. I don't want to sign in to Jira. Is there any way to stop this from popping up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Do you mean the preview?
2020-06-16 17_29_13-Espinoza, Guadalupe _ Microsoft Teams.png

That isn't a setting that can be changed in Jira; if it's possible to turn off it would be on the Teams admin side. I get the same kind of alert when pasting a link to a google doc, a facebook post, or pretty much any other site.

Juno Kampstra November 29, 2021
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

To clarify, only a Teams admin can do that, and it would apply to the entire org, not just a single user who doesn't want previews.

Aakif Shamsi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2023

The Jira Cloud App had 2 options previously, full rich card preview and a short URL preview.

And there was an option to remove, like the Cross button in @Esther Strom's screenshot.

---

Now, since last week, default is Full Card Preview and there's no Remove option or any options actually.

Like # people like this
Andrew Mallonee January 19, 2024

This is actually terrible. The Jira integration with new Teams seems to have been forgotten by Atlassian. It has many issues, and the inability to close these dumb cards (which do not even display properly) has driven us to just remove this app from Teams. Hopefully Atlassian fixes it so it this app is actually usable.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events