Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I not show the Admin in the Workload Report?

Tanya C September 27, 2019

I work on a Service team that supports users of our hosted Atlassian products.  One of my customers raised the question that they don't like seeing the Admins in the Workload report.  It just so happens that our team's global admin group is admin in every Jira Project so our service team (the global admins) of 10 people are in her workload report.  I can take our group out of the Administrators role but when I do that limits our team's ability to assist the local project admin to debug issues they submit on the service desk.  

Bottom line:  We want the Admins to see the Agent view and be able to manage the project/Agent Queues etc. but NOT show up in the workload report.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martina Riedel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020
Tanya C February 26, 2020

Thanks - that's perfect.  I've voted on it!

Gregory Muir October 4, 2022

And yet this feature still remains outstanding.

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi Tanya, 

If you want your admins to remain Service Desk agents in the project for admin reasons, you just can't get them out of the system provided report. 

You could however make a nice dashboard for your client, using your own filters :

• Assignee in certain agent role but nog in admin group +
    • unresolved with no breached SLA's
    • unresolved with breached SLA's 

You could then show 2 issue statistics gadgets showing only the relevant information. 

Perhaps you could add some other statistics as well so you can provide 1 nice overview for your client and they might even be happier. 

I know it's not what you are asking but hopefully it's useful. 

Cheers!

Tanya C October 6, 2019

Thanks for the tip @Tessa Tuteleers .  I'll let my customer know there is an option using a Jira Dashboard.  

I'd still like a way to have the ability to see/manage the Queues without being part of the embedded Project JSD Workload report.  :) 

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hi Tanya,

In our own instance, we have dedicated admin-accounts for our administrators (next to normal user accounts). 

When we switch to these admin accounts we just grant and remove agent licenses if we need them, so they never show up all the time. 

This has multiple advantages, separating your normal and admin rights gives us better logging, better security and a cleaner day-to-day environment. 

But of course this is a completely different way of working and might not suit you.  

Cheers! 

Tanya C October 7, 2019

Thanks - that's an interesting option.  We are in a global admin group and each project created gets that group added as a Project Admin.  We use Crowd single sign on with PKI certificate based user authentication and we cannot change that due to our security requirements.

We have 1500 Jira projects and take in hundreds of support tickets a week so changing accounts and adding/removing admin access would be a bit cumbersome.  I suppose we'll just let our customer know that they can just ignore our names in her project, or remove our group before checking the Workload, then add us back in when she's completed her check.

Thank you for your feedback on this question.  I'm not going to mark it as answered but I think the I've found there is no easy way to make this happen.

Cheers - Tanya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events