How can I archive Projects in Cloud hosted JIRA Service Desk?

Tina_Allen April 3, 2019

Trying to find a simple way to archive closed/completed projects so they do not show on the project list and clutter it up. I also need to be able to pull stats from them and have them show on reports and the ability to move them back to active if needed.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tina_Allen April 8, 2019

We have decided not to do this method as we are all Admins and it doesn't hide it from our list. A simple button, link or another Queue would help and keep all closed projects off the list and cleaner presentation.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

yep that is what I do as well. Note, even though there isn't a corresponding Cloud document it works there too.

Like Ahmad_Sulaiman likes this
Tina_Allen April 3, 2019

So I completed this process of Hiding the Project for only one user to be able to view/manage Hidden projects. But when I log in I still see the project listed but when I click into the project it gives me the permission error. Is there a way to hide it from the List?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

I guess you are a Jira admin. Non Jira admin users should not see the project

Tina_Allen April 3, 2019

Yes, yes I am! Thanks! I will have another user take a look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events