Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are SLAs communicated to Service Desk customers?

Chris Gifford April 17, 2018

We are in the process of implementing Service Desk. We have SLAs set up and working, however we can't seem to have the SLA info displayed to the user when they create a ticket. We are using the cloud version.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

Hey Chris, 

The way I have this set up in our instance is with an addon called automation for JIRA. 

My setup sounds complicated, but I promise it's not too bad, stick with me:

1. When a ticket comes in, our team reviews and assigns a priority. 

2. When the priority field is changed, the automation reads the result and sends an email based on the parameters I've set up

3. The priority is also tied to an SLA internally

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

For Example:

1. A ticket comes in, assigned manually (or automated) to a value of High

2. Automation for JIRA scans for changes to each ticket's priority field and stops when it sees high, triggers an email template I've set up to go out to the reporter "Hey person, you can expect to hear from us within four business hours"

3. Once the priority is assigned, the SLA starts. 

Alternatively, you could use the automation to send an SLA email when you receive a new request. This is the low tech quick and dirty way. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Quick and Dirty Request Created Setup:

2018-04-17_15-57-58.png

More Complicated setup with priority scanning and automatic triaging based on impact and severity field values: (If you want to dig into this, I can explain):

2018-04-17_16-00-30.png

0 votes
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

Hi Chris,

At the moment, SLAs cannot be displayed to customers. We have a feature request for it at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-325 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events