Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with permissions to my Jira Service Desk: Signup is not currently available

Deleted user July 19, 2018

I have set up service desk rather than straight Jira to alleviate cost of accounts. For service desk I understood "customers" (in my case employees) can create a ticket via email or the service desk form.

I have one employee who is not a user trying to submit a ticket and it is getting tied up with the email handler with the error "Signup is not currently available". I have attached my permissions screen and the error handler. Can someone help me out of this hole I am in?2018-07-19_13-17-55.png2018-07-19_13-19-30.png

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 21, 2018

I used G Suite and now I have all of the employees licensed as Jira users :-( Ugh!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Change the group(s) that have "can log in" access in the "manage applications" admin section.

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Hi, 

Have you activated the public signup on a global level as well? Not only in the project? 

This is described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/global-customer-permissions-895930616.html

My settings seem right...can you review?2018-07-19_14-35-59.png2018-07-19_14-36-09.png

Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

That setting seems OK, but saw that your original post with pictures was the "Site Settings" in global user management page.

Have you checked the project's "Customer permissions"? Default this is set to "Customers my team adds to the project" regarding "Who can access the portal and send request to 'project'"..

You can find the "Customer permissions" in the "Project settings" for the corresponding project..

URL example: https://subdomain.atlassian.net/servicedesk/admin/PROJECTKEY/customer-permissions

thanks for this. I followed your steps and I cannot go to site settings it tries to take me to the queue and that won't resolve

Help please

2018-07-19_21-21-40.png2018-07-19_21-22-01.png

Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2018

I also get that page when I go to 'Project Settings' from the Projects page.

When you are on the "all open" queue page (your last screenshot) in that project, if you click the Project settings in the left hand menu, do you then get to the 'project settings' page?

tmp.PNG

Alternatively you can try accessing this URL, just change out SUBDOMAIN with the correct subdomain for your Jira Cloud instance: https://SUBDOMAIN.atlassian.net/servicedesk/admin/WEB/customer-permissions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events