Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Help needed for JQL for an unresolved ticket queue Edited

Hi Everyone.

My unresolved issues queue JQL doesn't seem to be working.  Is it because the issue was moved between issue types?  Below are the steps I took to reproduce this.

1 - I created a new issue via email. The email ticket correctly appears in my 'My Open Tickets' queue.

The JQL for this queue is:

issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), Change, Email, Incident, Problem, Release, "Service Request", "Service Request with Approvals") AND status in ("Awaiting CAB approval", "Awaiting Review", "Awaiting implementation", "Change manager approval", Escalated, Implementing, "In Progress", "More Information Needed", Pending, "Raised Known Error?", Reopened, "Review Now In Progress", "Review Problem Record", "Waiting for approval", "Waiting for customer", "Waiting for support") AND assignee in (currentUser()) AND "Resolver Group" in ("ITSM - Change Management", "ITSM - Email requests", "ITSM - Incident Management", "ITSM - Problem Management", "ITSM - Release Management")

2 - I edit the request and move the issue to issue type 'Change'. The request is still in the 'My Open Tickets' queue and the issue type has changed to 'Change'.

Using the sidebar I change 'Request Type' from 'No Match' to 'Change'. The ticket is updated and correctly reflected still in the My Open Tickets queue as a Change.

3 - I edit the request again  and set the status to 'Canceled' and then close the ticket and the status changes to 'Closed', with Resolution being 'Unresolved'.

4 - The ticket should then appear in my 'All Unresolved Tickets' queue, but it doesn't - why?

The JQL for that queue is:

issuetype in (Change, Email, Incident, Problem, Release, "Service Request", "Service Request with Approvals") AND status in (Canceled, Closed, Done) AND resolution in (Unresolved, "Cannot Reproduce", "Won't Fix", "Won't Do", Declined) AND assignee in (currentUser()) AND "Resolver Group" in ("ITSM - Change Management", "ITSM - Email requests", "ITSM - Incident Management", "ITSM - Problem Management", "ITSM - Release Management", "ITSM - Request Fulfillment")

Many thanks for any help!

Regards - Ian

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Issues like these usually get resolved after reindexing the project. You can do a project reindex or site wide reindex.

Thanks @jira guy .  I will give that a try.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,211 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you