Getting SEN checking functionality in my Service Desk

David Nash (inactive) November 6, 2018

I have on premise Jira and Service desk which I am prepared to upgrade to the latest version.

I'm really envious of the Atlassian Support Desk forcing the users to have a Support Entitlement Number before raising any issues.

I want to do the same thing in my own Service Desk projects for our customers to "take advantage" of.

It doesn't appear to be out of the box Service Desk functionality and I'm never been paid to write code.

How can I get this to work (even more stupidly) for free with a supported add-on?

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

Hi Dave!

Nice to meet you here.

If I have understood your request correctly, you'd like to have the data 'validated' against your system before the customer can create an issue. If the value doesn't match any existing data, the customer will not be able to proceed with the issue creation.

I'm afraid the above is not possible at the moment. However, we do have a similar feature request for the data validation for future consideration.

If the feature request fits your requirement, we would encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you're proactively informed of progress and updates going forward. we would appreciate your feedback on the feature, you can do this by leaving a comment on the ticket, this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.

Best Regards.  

Juergen Lanner July 5, 2019

Hi Henrique, 

can you give us an idea how you atlassians solved it? I mean, you have it already in place and you usually use your own products for your needs.

Any hint would highly be appreciated.

Cheers

Juergen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events