Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions for JIRA SD - Custom fields

Gareth Ford February 20, 2018

I have some custom fields which I have generated and added to a Multilevel Structure within JIRA SD.  These fields are for a particular request type, and work fine on this screen.

However, I do not seem to be able to hide them on our main Create screen, which I surmise is due to them being required when creating my particular Request Type.

Is it possible to add fields solely for a particular Request Type and not show these on the main Create Issue screen?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Gareth Ford,

I'm from InTENSO. I think you should use a feature provided by Extension for JSD - Visibility. It allows to define for which group(s) of users selected field will be visible in the request type on Customer Portal. The same you can do with options in your custom fields. Please read more about this functionality in our documentation

I hope that it will solve your problem :)

Best regards,

Katarzyna

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Hi,

Well you may be able to manage that as long as you don't make any of the fields that are on the jira create screen that are not on the portal a required field.  You can choose the fields from the create screen fields to show on the portal only when you are editing fields for the request type.

Hope that helps

Susan

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Hi Gareth,

Not really is the short answer.  Just confused as to why you would want the fields on the service desk request but not the create screen, and why use the create screen at all.  We discourage and often just shut down the permission.

Susan

Gareth Ford February 22, 2018

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the response. I am a relatively new user to JIRA Service Desk so it may be my understanding of the system that is wrong but I will try to explain...

We are trying to make the system as user friendly as possible for our end users, so giving them screens on the Portal whereby all they need to do is choose radio buttons, and subsequent multilevel options to choose what they would like to request. This would seem the easiest way for them to submit requests.

However, we also have our Create screen for our analysts to use. An example is where users have a multi level structure to choose which system they need a password reset on, but these options are not something we would always need on the Create screen. If we were to add in similar options on request forms for all of our request types, then the Create screen would become huge and unwieldy for our analyst users (and those taking Service Desk phone calls).

Hopefully this makes more sense,

Gareth

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events