Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposing single Service Desk project portal on internet

craigbourner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2018

Is it possible to expose a single Service Desk project portal on the internet in a way that guarantees that users can not access any other projects?

Look-and-feel customisation is not all that great out-of-the-box.  Are there any good add-ons which allow better customisation of the appearance of the Service Desk portal pages?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

Not really, as the portals are all served up in the same way.  Best you can do is be careful with permissions about who can use what portal.

I've also seen some stuff done with proxies that can block access to portals and only let users see certain ones, but they are an extra layer of fiddling because the proxy needs to know who should see what, so there's usually another login or some rules about routes or addresses.

There may be others, but I'm quite fond of https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216711/refined-theme-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview for messing about with portals (and there's a sister app for Confluence too, for a consistent skin for the knowledge base)

craigbourner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 19, 2018

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events