Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating new project in JIRA Service Desk

Илья Тукай February 11, 2018

When creating a new project in the JIRA Service Desk, there is an unspecified error.

111.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2018

Hi Ilya,

I think you came across a known JSD bug, which prevents service desk type projects from being created if the default language is set to Russian. Check this ticket for more details. 

The workaround is to change you default language to English, create a project, and then change it back to Russian. It's rather annoying I know, but we're stuck with it untill Atlassian releases a fix.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2018

Correct, just tested on my local instance by changing it's default language to Russian and I was able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks Ivan!

I read about this problem and tried to change the language, but It did not help. Maybe I'm not changing there, or you need to do something else.  Please see the screenshots.
Thank you for your answers.

Screenshot_8.jpg

Additional Information

Screenshot_10.jpgScreenshot_11.jpg

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2018

Check you atlassian-jira-log file for the stack trace of that error. If all else fails I'd contact Atlassian Support.

Ivan, you were right, but if the instance's language was Russian when Service Desk was started, then the Service Desk fields were created using Russian. For this case, changing the language to English is not enough. You should do the following:

• On custom field's page, look for Изменить тип
  • Click on the cog icon next to the field > select Configure
  • On the options section, add Normal
  • Change the instance's language to English and then you should be able to create projects.
0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2018

Hi,

Can you please let us know if you're using JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server, if it's Server, please also specify the version.

Best,

Maarten

Hi! JIRA Server (JIRA v7.7.1 + JIRA Service Desk Application v3.10.1)

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2018

Hi,

I've just tested on a fresh installed JIRA v7.7.1 + JSD v3.10.1) but had no problems creating the project. Which plugins have been installed on your instance?

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events